Waiting For Jade Eden

We are waiting for our daughter Jade Eden. She is somewhere in China. We started our process in January 2005. After our "paper chase" our dossier of paperwork was sent to China and we were given the log-in date "LID" of July 25, 2005.

Monday, December 11, 2006

PLAY DATES!

Well, week one was a blurrrrr.....lack of sleep and jet lag and time change and illnesses....Week two was better. Jade started to sleep through the night but it was evident that her ear infection and congestion were not getting any better. Week three began with Grandma Judith heading back home and leaving us for the first time as a family of three in our home. This week Jade has had three playdates. The first was on Decemebr 5th with Savanna who also came to her new home in America from China on November 18th. Savanna's mommy Melissa and I walked through a lot together over the past two years waiting for our daughters. When I first met Melissa she was pregnant with her daughter Sierra who is now 8 years old. I was Melissa's agent (back in the stone ages). What a gift to have walked through this amazing journey with a friend. The second playdate was yesterday, December 10th with Lucas, son of my dear friend Julie. The first year we were waiting for Jade Julie was pregnant and the second year waiting for Jade Julie was learning to be a mom. Lucas is now 11 1/2 months old. We think it was the first time Jade has ever met a little boy! I just sat back and watched in wonderment. The third playdate was today, December 11th, with Phoenix. Phoenix's mom is the beautiful Yaping who I also used to represent when I was an agent. Phoenix is 14 months old. I was waiting for Jade at Yaping's baby shower. Damn...I've been waiting a long time! This playdate thing is very tiring!

1 Comments:

Blogger CRH said...

Todd and Emma -- we are keeping up with Jade's playdates and hairdo's (um...she'll have some eventually!), and life at home as often as we can. She looks like she is having fun with her new friends...and having now finally met a "boy" we know she is doing great! You are such lucky parents to have the beautiful, lovely Jade in your life. We CAN'T wait to meet her! xo Steve and Sheila

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home