Waiting For Jade Eden

We are waiting for our daughter Jade Eden. She is somewhere in China. We started our process in January 2005. After our "paper chase" our dossier of paperwork was sent to China and we were given the log-in date "LID" of July 25, 2005.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

HAPPY 1st B-DAY JADE!

Valentine's Day was Jade's 1st b-day...yes, she wore lots of pink and red and hearts (and some day Jade will hate her mama for having pictures of her in the pink head band that was purchased just for the day). What a womderful day....presents, her first ice cream and whip cream, lunch and dinner at restaurants (makes mama and dada feel hopeful about not being so housebound) and lots of smiles.




We also had a little party for Jade at her weekly "Mommy & Me" class which consisted of us bringing paper hats and little rubber duckies for all her classmates. We ended the birthday week week with a trip to the beach. Mama and Jade played on the swings while dada surfed. I understand why parents make such a big deal about celebrating the birthdays of their children...what better way to celebrate such a blessing and miracle!

3 Comments:

Blogger Truly Blessed said...

Happy, happy first birthday, Jade! It sure looked like you had fun, and I love the headband. My mommy puts dumb things in my hair, but I always yank them out (it's most fun when I'm looking right at her and she's telling me to leave it in!).

From your friend, Katie (our mommy's met on our gotcha day at the Civil Affairs office in Guangzhou!)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Deb and Sean said...

Wow ... she sure is a cutie! It is amazing to have followed your journey and see you here!!!! It gives us waiting parents, immeasurable hope!

5:20 PM  
Blogger MH said...

This is Meg (Harold's daughter) -- I certainly do remember you; I couldn't resist checking out this blog and your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! She looks so happy and lively and sweet. What a lovely family. Thanks for sharing this site.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home